Monday, August 15, 2011

Well hello there 2nd trimester!


Well I am officially in the 2nd trimester, and actually already a week into it, as I am 15 weeks today! Hard to believe... it's flown by so fast! In the past 4 weeks I have seen Dr. C twice to confirm that everything was A-ok with my uterus. Fortunately there were no ER trips for me this time around... although a couple of times I was a little bit nervous in the middle of the night that it might be happening. Fortunately I was armed with my exercises to push the uterus back out, and it seemed to help. As of today, the uterus has completely lifted up and there is no more worry there... we have heard the baby's heartbeat several times now... all three times it has ranged from 150's to 160's. Today it was 168. Dr. C. asked me if I had a feeling if it was a boy or girl. I told him sort of have a feeling it's a girl... but hey, I guess I have a 50% chance I'm right, huh? He laughed and said yes! But we will officially find out that news in 4 weeks! I am so excited to find out! The kids keep going back and forth between saying it's a girl and boy. I guess we will find out soon enough!

Pretty soon we will be shopping for the much needed mini-van to make our growing family official...

In VBAC news, I have joined the ICAN of North Texas group... ICAN is the International Cesarean Awareness Network, which naturally, raises awareness about cesareans, and promotes VBACs. It's a wonderful group of women who encourage each other during the process of attempting a VBAC, or post-cesarean. I have also officially hired a Doula and am very excited to be working with her. And last but not least, I signed up for my Bradley classes, which start on October 3rd. After sending in the deposits for both my Doula and Bradley classes, I had this moment of panic... realizing, this is really happening! I am really attempting a VBAC after 3 cesareans and *gasp* attempting a NATURAL birth! I know I can do this, but it was the moment of truth for me. I am pushing forward, full steam ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment